Event log : 802.11 disassociation,unknown reason

ericliu
Comes here often

Event log : 802.11 disassociation,unknown reason

We have some devices connected to the MR52. The device displays online and the signal strength is also normal. However, the device cannot access the Internet or is very slow. Try the my.meraki.com tool to debug the problem. The connection is normal, but the speedtest speed is not displayed. Check the log to display Device has 802.11 disassociation, unknown reason, what does this log mean, the device is clearly connected ap, why show 802.11 disassociation

6 REPLIES 6
Adam
Kind of a big deal

What type of authentication is the SSID setup for?  I assume 802.1x?  Have you tried changing it to WPA2-PSK to test?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
ericliu
Comes here often

the authentication type is WPA2-PSK for SSID,don't 802.1x

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you running a modern firmware like 25.11?

yes,Current version: MR 25.11

stevebg4
New here

Hi,

What was the resolution on MR52 for 802.11 disassociation: Client association expired ?

Since we have same issue with some clients

thanks

Hey @stevebg4,

The Client association expired is different from the Unknown reason message. 

In the first case there's a few possibilities, like the Client leaving the area of coverage of the AP.

The Unknown reason, normally indicates that this has not necessarily been triggered by the AP and there might be other elements interfering with the re-association. 

Make sure you try and take packet captures as well when you troubleshoot this kind of issues as they can help you understand if the disassociation is coming from the client or from the AP (and they help us too, should you contact support to get help to resolve this! 🙂 ). 

Thanks!

Giacomo

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels