Error with Device Trying to Connect to SSID

Jsmittz
Here to help

Error with Device Trying to Connect to SSID

I am running into an issue where I will have one device failing to gain internet access when trying to connect to an SSID. I have this SSID running in bridge mode, because I need to be able to connect to chromecasts as well and was unable to do so in NAT or L3 roaming mode. On two occassions, with two separate devices, I ran into this issue when I put this SSID in bridge mode that one of the devices would not connect; however, they would all connect without issue in NAT and L3 roaming mode but I could not cast to the chromecasts then. I created a second SSID to ensure it was not a device issue, and the device was able to connect to the second SSID.

Below is what I am seeing in wireless health. Any idea what could be the issue, or how to resolve this? All APs are MR33.

Jsmittz_0-1587339163053.png

4 Replies 4
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

The failure indicates that the client did not get DNS query replies. Please check and make sure the DNS server that you have configured for the clients is working or is reachable. You may try to use the same DNS server that your AP is using.

Thanks,
Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

I would guess that it is working because i have other devices that are able to access/reach the internet on the same SSID that I am having this issue on. And it is not the one specific device as I had a different device experience this issue prior, but that device is now connected to this SSID without issue.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe try a packet capture on port 53 and see what DNS server they are trying to talk to.  Probably not the right one.

Jsmittz
Here to help

Update: Device is connected today without issue, without having changed any configurations.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels