Error code "30" taking people off the wi-fi

SOLVED
Lex123
Conversationalist

Error code "30" taking people off the wi-fi

Hi all!

I have been having issues with people getting booted off our Wi-Fi, I have looked into the logs and all I could see is Error Code "30" disassociation.

I have looked for a solution around the internet and tried different solutions such as switching 2.4 GHZ off and disabling 802.11ax.

We have multiple AP's but don't know how this could cause issues as this appeared suddenly. 

Has anyone encountered this error before? and is there a fix for it? 

Thank you again for taking time to help! 

Here are some of the error codes:

auth_mode='wpa2-psk' 11k='1' 11v='1' reassoc='1' error_code='30' radio='1' vap='0' channel='36' rssi='50

auth_mode='wpa2-psk' 11k='1' 11v='1' reassoc='1' error_code='30' radio='1' vap='0' channel='48' rssi='45'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Henrik_
Here to help

We got a lot of error_code='30' after updating from MR 28.7.1 to MR 29.4.1. The workaround for us was disabling 802.11w until Meraki deploys a firmware fix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at this:  https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Error-code-30-Association-Problem-on-Wireless-Network/m...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check Organisation/Firmware Upgrades, and see if there has been a recent firmware upgrade.  If so, you could consider clicking on the rollback button.

Henrik_
Here to help

We got a lot of error_code='30' after updating from MR 28.7.1 to MR 29.4.1. The workaround for us was disabling 802.11w until Meraki deploys a firmware fix.

AL10
Conversationalist

Hello, i am having the same issue. Even after disabling 802.11w is still causing the same problem. Do you guys think that would be a good idea to rollback the APs? I opened a case but it is not helpfull. I would be more than happy to hear for your suggestion. Thanks! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels