Epic healthcare application crashing

yamahagrizz
Comes here often

Epic healthcare application crashing

I work in a Healthcare organization and we use the Epic Healthcare application. We have two laptops running windows 10 in the Emergency Department and these two workstations roam everywhere. They have reported of Epic crashing while roaming. Has anybody experienced this issue?

5 Replies 5
Adam
Kind of a big deal

With any wireless solution, there are momentary drops when you roam and move from one AP to another.  Has the application been able to roam between other types of APs without problems?  Does a temporary loss in connectivity cause the application to crash rather than waiting to re-establish connection?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
yamahagrizz
Comes here often

I'm not sure what you mean by other types of APs, we have the MR32 model in our organization. i'm not 100% sure if the application crashes or loses connectivity.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

By other APs I just meant did this work without crashing in the past when you weren't using Meraki?  I'm just trying to correlate the change as to why you are experiencing the issue.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Rudi
Getting noticed

What type of SSID are you using? You might try swapping to Layer 3 Roaming if you're not already using it. (I use regular Bridge mode, but Layer 3 roaming should help for an application that is sensitive to roaming)

2018-09-24 09_38_32-Access Control Configuration - Meraki Dashboard.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There are way too many unknowns here.  If might not be the WiFi network at all.

If you leave a continuous ping running do you loose anything?

Does Wireless Health report anything interesting?

Are you running on the 5Ghz spectrum?

Have you got other wireless devices (such as cordless phones) and if so, what frequencies are they running on?  Something like a cordless phone could be stamping over the WiFi.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels