Enable Bluetooth advertising?

SOLVED
Louein
Comes here often

Enable Bluetooth advertising?

Hi, I just discover bluetooth advertising, which is probably great for our business.

The idea is that we are creating campaigns and push it through notification of user's phone that has an enabled Bluetooth

We tried splashaccess but it needed an Application to be downloaded to be the push notification works.

Is there any platform that fits on our idea?

Edit: Just letting you know that we are using, MR45 and MR84

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can not do this.

You can emit a bluetooth beacon, but this beacon has to be processed by an app on the users device.  Hence the reason SplashAccess have an app.

Bluetooth beacons are typically used to establish a users location (hyper location).  For example, they are within 2m of the beacon.

For example, if you had a hardware store and a special on hammers and had an AP in the hammer area of the isle, and the user had an app on their device that could process the beacon, you could present the user with info as they walked past the hammers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

I'd walk a million miles to avoid a business that pushed advertisements to my phone in that manner. Getting knobbed by Google is quite bad enough.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can not do this.

You can emit a bluetooth beacon, but this beacon has to be processed by an app on the users device.  Hence the reason SplashAccess have an app.

Bluetooth beacons are typically used to establish a users location (hyper location).  For example, they are within 2m of the beacon.

For example, if you had a hardware store and a special on hammers and had an AP in the hammer area of the isle, and the user had an app on their device that could process the beacon, you could present the user with info as they walked past the hammers.

Oh that's unfortunate, I also had a talk with Square Metrics which also supported Meraki. And I can confirm this

They said that google stopped that feature, so right now, users are now required to use Apps to able to receive notifications.

Thanks for the answer

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels