EAP Authentication using Meraki RADIUS Proxy

justinmark
Comes here often

EAP Authentication using Meraki RADIUS Proxy

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone who tried the Meraki RADIUS Proxy with Freeradius as RADIUS server?

6 Replies 6
m841
Here to help

I've got a customer using it for their Auth with AAD and it works without any issues or differences to using a NPS or ISE appliance.

Are you looking to use it or are you stuck on configuring it?

I need to get around to writing a blog post about the setup.

justinmark
Comes here often

Hi m841,

I'm stuck on configuring it. I've follow the configurations on Meraki documentations but no luck. I suspected that the certificates are not pass on or not send properly. Please let me know if you have done your blog, it would be a big help to me.

Thanks

I haven't had the chance to do it yet, but I did start on tidying up the config in order to link from the blog to github in order to reference the config and also run Free RADIUS as a docker container.

What have you got configured in your radiusd.conf file for the certificate path, and also then are the certificates defined in the eap file?

justinmark
Comes here often

Yes, certificate path and certificates are already defined on FreeRADIUS. My setup works through LAN (local connectivity between the AP and RADIUS server) but doesn't work using the Meraki RADIUS proxy.

Do I need some configurations on RADIUS server to make it work?

What is your clients.conf file looking like? Does it allow connections from the client addresses?

justinmark
Comes here often

I configured the Meraki Dashboard addresses (209.206.48.0/20) from Firewall information as client on my RADIUS server. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels