Dual Scheduled Availability

SOLVED
Pedro
Getting noticed

Dual Scheduled Availability

Hello everyone !

I have navigations released every day on an SSID from 10:45 am - 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

I do not want the SSID broadcasting outside these times, but I do not see how to have 2 times in a single day.

Does anyone have any other ideas to get me through? If Meraki is capable of that. I have a controller in the cloud and use MR33.

Thank you.

Pedro Constantino

Pedro Constantino
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DrDray
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Pedro

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, we cannot support multiple 'enabled' periods in a single day yet. However, just note that we are currently working on enhancements to the sliders on various pages of Dashboard. The cameras, for example, have some extra scheduling options in defining when they record throughout the day. It hopefully won't be too long before we see similar functionality with the SSID scheduling!

One workaround could be to setup custom group policies that are based on the time you don't want people to have access to the SSID. If you block all internet access using L3/L7 firewall rules during that time, then apply that policy directly to users, you can achieve similar results.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't do that.  But I can give you a clever work around.

Create two identical SSIDs.  Configure one to only operate 10:45 am - 1:00 pm, and the other to only operate 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

A bit messy - but at least it works.

Hi Philip

This is a good idea ... But can users have authentication problems? Anyway, just testing ...

I'll test next week. Here in Brazil it's a holiday and we'll be back on Tuesday.

Pedro Constantino
Pedro
Getting noticed

Oh I can not create 2 identical SSIDs ...

There were errors in saving this configuration:
One or more errors occurred. No changes have been saved.
Enabled SSIDs must have different names (two SSIDs named XXX)
Each SSID must have a unique name. 'XXX' is already taken.

Pedro Constantino
DrDray
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Pedro

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, we cannot support multiple 'enabled' periods in a single day yet. However, just note that we are currently working on enhancements to the sliders on various pages of Dashboard. The cameras, for example, have some extra scheduling options in defining when they record throughout the day. It hopefully won't be too long before we see similar functionality with the SSID scheduling!

One workaround could be to setup custom group policies that are based on the time you don't want people to have access to the SSID. If you block all internet access using L3/L7 firewall rules during that time, then apply that policy directly to users, you can achieve similar results.

Pedro
Getting noticed

@DrDray

Thank you for your consideration. I already have this access control to the internet directly through my firewall. What I would like is to hide the SSID during its unnecessary hours during the day, since the personnel here are connected to the antenna waiting for the SSID to be released. And I think that this could undermine some performance of the MR33.

But I believe that soon Meraki should make this new option available. For it really is very interesting.

Thank you.

Pedro Constantino

Pedro Constantino

Group Policies seem to have a similar issue.  You can only have one window during the day.

I am trying to deny access to a user from 22:30 at night to 7:30 in the morning.  So I would have to select 0:00 to 7:30 and 22:30 to 24:00 and apply a FW rule.  How would I do that ?

Another words, only permit access from 7:30 to 22:30 and deny all other times.

I am trying to do the same thing, but have not found a way to accomplish it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels