Dual Band Sector Antenna MA-ANT-27 installation

GregCarleton
New here

Dual Band Sector Antenna MA-ANT-27 installation

I can not believe there is no installation manual for connecting the MA-ANT-27 dual-band sector antenna's to a MR76.

The antenna has two cables labeled V & H. The AP has 4 ports. Two for 5 ghz and two for 2.4 ghz. So which cable goes to the 5 ghz and which goes to the2.4 ghz? I have two antennas for each device. THanks!

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer, but I would expect you would connect one antenna to the two 2.4Ghz ports, and the other antenna to the two 5Ghz ports.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth is correct in what he states. Connect one antenna to both the 2.4GHz ports and the other antenna to both the 5GHz ports. The H and V on the antenna are the polarisation of the elements in the antenna, ‘horizontal’ and ‘vertical’, you need one of each in each band for things to work as expected.

jmoake
Getting noticed

the antenna is a dual band, so each cable has a 2.4 and 5 Ghz antenna.  the MR76 has both 2.4 and 5Ghz on each port, so every antenna port is exactly the same and you can connect the antenna cables wherever you want.  you can connect a second antenna aimed exactly the same for MIMO service, or pointing a different direction for extended coverage width (sectors).  the MR74 has separate antenna ports, 2 ports for 2.4 and 2 ports for 5Ghz. one could be used for vertical and the other port of the same frequency for horizontal polarization

This is from the MR76 install Guide.

Brothersred_0-1692723326030.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels