Do I have to use Meraki Switches?

SOLVED
HazemNawar
New here

Do I have to use Meraki Switches?

Hi, In my Company we have a plan to implement Meraki Wireless AP and remove Cisco AP. Currently, we have the infrastructure based on Cisco switches core, distributions, and access switches which have been stacked ( WS-C2960S-48LPS-L ) supporting PoE+. The challenge now for me do I have to change the switches or use the current one!

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can use the current switches.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can use the current switches.
MerakiBacon
Comes here often

As long as your switch can provide the power to the AP or you have house power to the AP, any switch will work.

Do you think that Cisco branded switches will not integrate with the cloud management system to allow for ease of configuration. Cisco switches will definitely power the access points but just will not integrate with the cloud interface. Does it right ?!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, so it is.

@HazemNawar wrote:

Do you think that Cisco branded switches will not integrate with the cloud management system to allow for ease of configuration. Cisco switches will definitely power the access points but just will not integrate with the cloud interface. Does it right ?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct, non-Meraki devices will not show up in the Meraki dashboard.

Cisco switches are shown as a rhomb in the topology view. When you point at the rhomb symbol you will see the switch name, port and so on. You need to switch on lldp and or cdp protocol on the Cisco switches. Cloud integration is not supported.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-06 um 13.40.25.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels