Disconnected from SSID XXX from AP MRXX.

Solved
Pikachu
Comes here often

Disconnected from SSID XXX from AP MRXX.

Device type : Apple iPhone 13 Pro

Why disconnection occurs frequently? How to fix it?

S__52863131.jpg

S__52863129.jpg

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note: Some legacy devices that do not support 802.11w may not be able to connect to an SSID even if in mixed mode. This may be due to the device improperly handling the advertised information contained within the beacons. 

Try disabling 802.11w

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What MR version are you running? What type of authentication are you using?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

MR version : MR 29.4.1
I use PSK for authentication.

1674092948201.jpg

S__52879409.jpg

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note: Some legacy devices that do not support 802.11w may not be able to connect to an SSID even if in mixed mode. This may be due to the device improperly handling the advertised information contained within the beacons. 

Try disabling 802.11w

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is saying there is an authentication failure.  Perhaps the PSK or username/password is wrong for the WiFi network on the user's phone.

You could also try deleting the WiFi network on the phone and re-adding it.  Perhaps the config on the phone has become corrupted.

I've also had iPhones where I have had to use the "reset network settings" option to get them working properly again.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels