Device is showing offline from last 3 hrs.

Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

Device is showing offline from last 3 hrs.

Hi All,

I have created new Dashboard, it is new deployment for access points, connected with non meraki network devices.

For sometime my access points discoverable to meraki cloud.

But now all is showing offline. Getting green amber in AP's LED.

What will be the issue. Any suggestions.

Regards

Mohit Dhanjal

8 REPLIES 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

the network on which the APs are communicating with the internet?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

Network is also showing offline.

Not on the dashboard, I say if you connect a notebook to the same network as the APs, can you access the internet?

Remember that the APs need to have access to the internet to communicate with the dashboard.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Upstream_Firewall_Rules_for_Clo...

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mohit_Dhanjal I think @alemabrahao means, can you connect to the internet from the network that the APs are on?

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you opened the required ports so that the access points can communicate with the dashboard? 

If you login to your dashboard and click on the Help menu you will see Firewall info as an option, that will list the required ports and IP's for the access points to function. 

Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

All ports are open, when connected laptop with same IP that i have provided to AP, i am able to access dashboard.meraki.com

But when connected AP's on the same, getting Orange and Rainbow light now.

My team is pushed some policies From Cisco ISE, after that all devices are unreachable. 

But how i am accessing dashboard though laptop. this is suspected.

Kindly suggest and troubleshooting.

If you are using Cisco ISE on your network you have to create a MAB policy to allow Meraki APs.

Blinking Orange AP can’t find an uplink

https://niksec.com/configuring-cisco-ise-mab-policy-sets/

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels