Dashboard tool - AP Throughput - Different results between firmware versions

pjc
A model citizen

Dashboard tool - AP Throughput - Different results between firmware versions

Hello all

I have a large number of MR32's at my organisation (running latest 'stable production' firmware version 24.12), and we have been experiencing some issues with performance etc  I am currently testing the latest beta firmware version 25.8 on a couple of AP's

I have noticed the following when using the dashboard 'throughput test' under tools of the AP

MR32 running latest production firmware, throughput to meraki.com = 12Mbps

the same AP, no other changes, but after being upgraded to beta 25.8, throughput to meraki.com = 84Mbps

I have verified this on other MR32 AP's, and get the same results on both firmware versions

Has anyone else seen this ?  Is it an indicator of genuine throughput issues with the current stable version of firmware, or just a bug (fixed in beta) with the tool ?

Thanks in advance !

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think many people run 24.12 anymore.  25.x offers so much more.

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No, not a genuine indicator of AP throughput/performance, and there are many variables and possibly different mechanisms in the background to determine the throughput.  I haven't tried it between 24.x and 25.x (will when time permits) but I'd like to check out a pcap of the test and compare the 2 versions.  Open a Support ticket to have them assist with this and ask them to research additional details on the throughput test mechanisms.  Your 24.12 is the latest GA firmware and your 25.8 is the latest beta.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels