DEVICE "Searching for Connection" on Microsoft Teams

ITServices
Conversationalist

DEVICE "Searching for Connection" on Microsoft Teams

Hello,

We are having frequent issues with the Wi-Fi service from here at the office. I need help to definitively solve the problem. I was just able to get all the logs and the "Searching for Network" message when I was using Microsoft Teams.

Could you please guide us on how to solve it?

Thank you for all your attention,

Breno

OMAR-MS Teams Screenshot.jpeg

ITServices_0-1643665629947.pngITServices_1-1643665652512.pngITServices_2-1643665687532.pngITServices_3-1643665707477.png

8 Replies 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In order to help we need more specifics:

SSID configuration

AP models

Firmware version

Errors reported in logs

Devices static or roaming

Density of APs

Overlap of channels

ITServices
Conversationalist

Hi CMR,

I'm grateful for your help.

I'm not technical and maybe I didn't answer you as I should.

Many thanks,

Breno 

ITServices_0-1643678126871.png

AP models = MR36

Firmware version = MR 28.5

Errors reported in logs = no errors

Devices static or roaming = Static

Density of APs = In the region, there are practically our AP's with few users. Today for example we had around 5 users only.

Overlap of channels = Auto

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is there anything upstream i.e. firewall that might be blocking it i.e application firewall or are you doing anything like deep SSL inspection?

Hi Richardson,

Thanks for your help.

Most of the time it works very well, but usually when we need it the most, there is a problem with the connection being too slow. It's as if the device doesn't know at the moment what the best connection is. There is no rule in our firewall that could be causing this performance drop.

Regards,

Breno

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Is this the only wireless network issue and everything else works great or?

It looks like your signal quality dropped to the floor in one of those screens and also that you are roaming between at least two MR's and it is taking several seconds to complete the roam. Maybe your phone is sticking to one far away and not roaming well.  If you share your wireless settings we can probably give some ideas of things to try.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Hi Brandon,

I believe the problem is in this remapping and the device doesn't know which is the best signal.

What settings exactly do you need? I copied one that might be useful.

Thank you very much,

Breno

ITServices_1-1643678376146.png

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It looks like the device is connected using 5ghz, maybe try forcing it to use 2.4 and see if the problem still persists. Is this the only device having issues or can you replicate the problem on another device? 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think your max power settings are set too high, normally you would want the max to be between 17 and 22.  Too much transmit power leads to one way communication where the client device can see the AP, but doesn't have enough power of its own to reply.

What power are the APs actually at?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels