Custom sender email for Meraki Sponsored Guest auth request

RMartinTP
New here

Custom sender email for Meraki Sponsored Guest auth request

Hi,

I'm interested to find out if there's any current options or something in the very near future to allow customers to set their own branded sender address which is used to issue the authorisation request to used, when using the Sponsored Guest flow.  Either a company branded domain, or using a sufficiently secured email sender address. 

Reason for asking : 

"_dmarc.meraki.com" returns "v=DMARC1;p=none;pct=100;ri=3600;" So while DMARC is enabled, it’s not rejecting on failure.

My concern is the possible phishing injection scenario, which would be rather difficult for users to spot the difference.

As the email notification is asking for the receiver to click a link to authorise the sponsor request, I would like to ensure there's good practice in place before it's rolled out. 

Any thoughts / suggestions, or if I've missed something obvious, please. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is not configurable.

It could not be made configurable unless you could also configure the mail server settings.  I can't see this being done.

Thanks, so companies are OK with accepting valid clickable emails from an easily spoofed sender?  Feels a bit odd IMHO.

>Thanks, so companies are OK with accepting valid clickable emails from an easily spoofed sender?

As long as your customer has taken the email precautions of having SPF and DMARC checking enabled it wont be spoofed.

I did a quick test (a few days ago) and spoofed the meraki notification from a random online service ... and email delivered no problem into GApps, with link. 😞  

If it's that easy to spoof, it doesn't sound like something I want to authorise on my network, let alone encourage my users to click the link. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels