Create additional SSIDs apart from template

Jonatan
New here

Create additional SSIDs apart from template

Hi there,

I'm quite new to the whole Meraki thing and cloud-managed networking.
My current setup only consists of two MR32 and one MS220.

In the future I want to use template-based network creation, but I've noticed, that each network only gets assigned the SSIDs which are defined in the template.

Our sites should look somewhat like this:
Site 1:

1. Public SSID
  2. Corp SSID
  3. Site-specific SSID

Site 2:

1. Public SSID
  2. Corp SSID
  3. other site-specific SSID

Could somebode give me a hint to how I will be able to replicate this idea in the dashboard?
I don't want to create a new network from scratch for each site.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I don't think you can locally override that setting.

What you could do is define all the SSIDs you need in the template, and then limit SSID availability based on tags. Then just add a different tag to your MR's per site.

Thanks for the quick response.

The problem I'm seeing with the option you mentioned is that there is a limitation to 15 SSIDs.
To my understanding it would mean, that to the Public and Corp SSID I will only be able to define 13 additional SSIDs.

What happens if I have more than 13 sites, which all need a site-specific SSID?

That's indeed a limitation.

Can you share a bit more info about the reasons for having a specific SSID per-site?

In our case, the different sites aren't like branch offices of our main one.
Each site has their own name and administration but is managed by our IT department.

Even though they have access to the same corporate network over MPLS which should be broadcasted over the Corp SSID, each site wants to have its own additional SSID with a specific usage and name. For example one with specific access control or usage policies.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels