Connectivity Figure

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Connectivity Figure

Hi there

In the dashboard, there is a Connectivity % that you can add to your list of metrics to view in the client list. It occurs as a percentage. Anybody know how this is calculated and precisely what it indicates? 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Where are you seeing this?

in the client list. you can add a column called "Connectivity".

RumorConsumer_0-1599448506498.png

As a side note, I recently reported the fact that it shows you the *capable* channel width here instead of the *actual* channel width of each device. There is a link called "Capabilities" in the individual client page that should reveal this information but in this list I believe it should tell you what the actual channel width Right. Now. actually is. 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.

@RumorConsumer 

When I hover over that field I get this popup. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 3.33.13 PM.png

So if your timeline is set for "for the Last day" I would say its in regard for the last 24 hours. 

@BlakeRichardson Awesome thank you. I think my question is more since this is a percentage, what precisely is it measuring? Attempts at association?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RumorConsumerI think it just shows how long they have been connected, i.e. if a device has been connected for 12 hours and the timeframe is set to last day then it would show 50%.  Or does this not tally with what you see?

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

That seems to match!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels