Connection Solution needed

Kev
New here

Connection Solution needed

I need to connect at Ascot Racecourse. At the moment, their internal Wi-Fi is far too slow on the guest and also the staff network. The phone networks can be connected to easily but when up to 40k people connect on race days, although the connection is fine, the speed of the internet is far too slow.

Can anyone suggest my best option for connecting with a faster more stable connection?

5 REPLIES 5
Adam
Kind of a big deal

So basically you're having a high density of wireless client connecting?  Do you have the high-density APs?  I'm also sure there are some settings you can tweak that hopefully some other forum members can suggest. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

I am just a visitor setting up and connecting for the day. I am not aware of the hardware used. Just that it's currently not fast enough on race days

Adam
Kind of a big deal

If you are not an admin of the network there is nothing you can do.  They likely have bandwidth restrictions in place so individual users can't monopolize the bandwidth.  If their wireless is that bad you'd probably be better off just disabling the wifi and using your phones data connection.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This reminds me of doing shows and events 10 years ago.  We used to provision our own Internet circuits for just the event to get around bandwidth issues.

So if the issue is bad enough, provision your own UFB circuit.  You might have to commit to a 12 or 24 month contract to get it, but that is just part of the cost of the event.  You'll also want to book the circuit well in advance.  If they can't get you UFB try ordering a VDSL circuit.

You'll need to do this with the co-operation of the people who run the facility.

However, the first thing I would do is ask the venue if there is some kind of "premium" offering you can buy.

Yes I am currently waiting for correspondence back from the venue about premium options. 

I will look into your other suggestions though. thank you

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels