Connect to the ssid with landing page without expiration

Keith_Li
Comes here often

Connect to the ssid with landing page without expiration

Dear All,

I have a question would like to ask, I would like to create a new ssid with a landing page for guest to connect, but without an expiration of the WiFi connection, just wonder to achieve this goal, is it to configure under splash frequency ? As I see the maximum time I could set to 90 days, does it mean the guest could connect to this ssid for 90 days without popping up the landing page to connect to the ssid ? Thanks 

keith 

9 REPLIES 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There's no way to configure it without an expiration date, it's a maximum of 90 days as you saw. And yes, after the client connects to the SSID and authenticates a counter starts, and only when the counter resets will it be asked to authenticate again.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

It’s clear so the splash frequency is the correct option to setup the time for expiration ? 

yep, It is.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Keith_Li
Comes here often

one more stuipd question, wanna ask if i create a new ssid with psk authentication without landing page in meraki dashboard, after a client entering a password and connected to this ssid, so there is no expiration on connecting to this new created ssid ? if it is true, any setting i can set the during for this new ssid connection period ? such as 2 hours ? Thanks for your support 

Once the client connects with a PKS the password will be saved on the device with no need to re-authenticate. In this case, the only option I see is to configure authentication with PSK along with the Splash page (Click-through for example), but I don't particularly see much sense in this configuration.

Keith_Li
Comes here often

as customer only need to use PKS with password without needed the Splash page (click-through) without re-autnenticate everytime, so this probably meet their requirement, one last question the Splash page (click-through), the maxium period is 90 days to re-authenticate it again right ? 

yup

Keith_Li
Comes here often

just wonder will there any setting to configure session expires on psk authentication in Meraki ?

Nope.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels