Compatibility of POE model Meraki 802.3at MA-INJ-4 and WS-C2960 + 48PST

Eliasperez
Here to help

Compatibility of POE model Meraki 802.3at MA-INJ-4 and WS-C2960 + 48PST

Good morning Meraki team, we currently have a POE model Meraki 802.3at MA-INJ-4, which we connect to Merakis MR42E from outside to SW 2960 (WS-C2960 + 48PST-S), we have the problem that we do not achieve that they work correctly the AP when connecting the POE injector to the meraki we do not observe the MAC of the equipment, in addition to this the MERAKI AP does not work properly it stays in repeater mode, some compatibility problem between the MA-INJ-4 and WS-C2960 + 48PST - ??

We connect the AP to a Gigaethernet port of the same switch and it works correctly, the problem is when we connect it to the fastethernet ports to the APs, the equipment is currently connected but the LED stays green and fails to sign, besides it does not I see the mac of the port to which it is connected

Someone had a similar problem with their POE??

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You've created a tricky case by using a PoE injector on a PoE switch, and you are using two different PoE protocols (802.3at with the injector and 802.3af with the switch).  Disable PoE on the switch port you are using so that it does not attempt to negotiate and I suspect your issue might go away.

Disable poe in the SW, follow the same scenario I don't see the AP team's mac

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels