Cloud-based Radius recommendation?

Marc_Abaya
Here to help

Cloud-based Radius recommendation?

Just curious which Radius service can you recommend? We're on the process of retiring our Windows NPS and looking for a cloud-based replacement. There are so many choices out there but hopefully I can limit them based from the feedback of Meraki users.

13 REPLIES 13
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Marc_Abaya : check for jumpcloud 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

I use JumpCloud.  It as basically AD in the Cloud, plus SSO, RADIUS, LDAP and Zero Trust and more.

PM me if you want more information on JumpCloud.  

- Dave

Dave Anderson

Dave-

Any ideas on how the pricing looks like for JumpCloud? 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Marc_Abaya 

That depends on your use case.  For Cloud Directory and RADIUS it would retail for $5 per month.  It goes up from there depending on features.  You can see all the pricing here: https://jumpcloud.com/pricing

I am a JumpCloud Partner so I can walk you through a demo and explain how it all works.  I can also help with purchasing, configuring and debugging,  If you like.

If you have a lot of users and are worried about price, I can work with you on that too.

-Dave

Dave Anderson

Thanks for the reply. I'm reading JumpCloud but it doesn't look like it supports PKI/Certificate-based auth, which is what we are looking for? The pricing on the website looks reasonable though.

@Marc_Abaya 

You are welcome.  The RADIUS setting support 2FA if that would suffice for your needs.  Also, JumpCloud Protect Push notifications use Public / Private keys for authentication.

-Dave

Dave Anderson

@Marc_Abaya  I highly recommend Jumpcloud  if you don't require an on premise directory server. 

Pricing varies, they offer education pricing as well. It's a bit like Meraki, its not the cheapest solution but what it saves you in time pays for itself IMO. 

@Marc_Abaya ,

JumpCloud also has Active Directory integration, so users are synced between Cloud applications and local accounts.  Add in the SSO support and Zero Trust, it is a powerful system.  Pricing can be by ala carte or by package, with discounts for education and non-profits.

- Dave

Dave Anderson

@BlakeRichardson 

With NPS, our users are spoiled with Machine/PKI authentication that they don't need to enter username and pwd anymore to join the WIFI. Can JumpCloud support that? 

@Marc_Abaya ,

No, however credentials are cached on the device, so username / password is usually done infrequently.  When a user is suspended or deleted, the user cannot sign into their machine or the WiFi.

- Dave

Dave Anderson

@Marc_Abaya  as Dave mentioned above credentials are cached on the device, our users authenticate once and it just works. 

@Marc_Abaya : Guys already provide you the jump Cloud Prices per user per month scenario. I think you would contact them in order to get discount for more users.

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels