Clients of MR30H briefly losing connectivity

microserf2007
New here

Clients of MR30H briefly losing connectivity

I have an MR30H (ver. MR 25.13) that is meshed with an MR42 (ver. MR 25.13) and for the past few days clients (both wired and wireless) have been losing connectivity for a few seconds before reconnecting. It appears that all the clients lose connectivity simultaneously. The only entries I see in the event log that seem relevant are the occasional "Ethernet port carrier change" messages. I have reset both APs to factory settings but that hasn't helped. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be causing this?

5 Replies 5
DonAnnett
Getting noticed

I've never been a fan of meshing under any circumstance. That aside, do you have auto-channel enabled on the MR42? I wonder if it's doing channel changes that causes the mesh link to drop.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

What are the AP's connected to network wise (switch, etc.)? Are they powered via PoE or wall plug?

Thanks for the reply - the MR30H is on PoE via a Meraki PoE injector and the MR42 is powered via wall plug and the uplink is connected to my MX64 security appliance. 

The wired clients you mentioned lost connectivity, where are they connected to?

They are connected to the MR30H. Both the wired and wireless clients connected to the MR30H are losing connectivity at the same time. I ran a test transferring a large file last night and confirmed that a wireless client connected directly to the MR42 does not lose connectivity when the ones connected to the MR30H do.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels