cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client is disassociation - unknown reason

New here

Client is disassociation - unknown reason

Hello!

I faced with problem when users connecting to WIFI (Open SSID with Radius server authentication). User's devices is connected well, but when its go to power save mode (lock screen on IOS or Android), AP disconnects device.

802.11 disassociation

unknown reason

Devices in lock mode are connecting to 3G/4G. But when i unlock devices it connects to WiFi again.

How it can be changed that WiFi will be connected permanent?
All mobile devices face this problem

AP MR18

Current version: MR 25.13

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Here to help

Re: Client is disassociation - unknown reason

Hi Sawka,

it´s the normal behaviour of mobile phones to save battery. It is also often discussed on several apple forums.

You could try to plug the mobile in and see if it stays connected.

New here

Hi Nydo89,

I connect to other AP (no-Meraki) my mobile phone and when i've locked it, WiFi is available on phone (disconnection isn't).

I think mobile devices send information to AP that device go to power save mode and AP (controller) interprets it and disconnects device (if this configure in AP/Controller).
I want to change it for Meraki AP

Kind of a big deal

Thjere are no options to control power negiation on the Meraki side.  Perhaps there are some power save properties on the phone you can adjust.

New here

no, all testing phone have same setting, they work well in other WLANs. It's issue Meraki devices

Head in the Cloud

It could have to do with it being an open network, I would recommend starting with WPA2, since that is one of the most common. You might try setting up an test SSID and making some changes there.

New here

we have to use open ssid with auth on radius - it's standard

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.