Client is disassociation - unknown reason

Sawka
New here

Client is disassociation - unknown reason

Hello!

I faced with problem when users connecting to WIFI (Open SSID with Radius server authentication). User's devices is connected well, but when its go to power save mode (lock screen on IOS or Android), AP disconnects device.

802.11 disassociation

unknown reason

Devices in lock mode are connecting to 3G/4G. But when i unlock devices it connects to WiFi again.

How it can be changed that WiFi will be connected permanent?
All mobile devices face this problem

AP MR18

Current version: MR 25.13

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Nydo89
Here to help

Hi Sawka,

it´s the normal behaviour of mobile phones to save battery. It is also often discussed on several apple forums.

You could try to plug the mobile in and see if it stays connected.

Hi Nydo89,

I connect to other AP (no-Meraki) my mobile phone and when i've locked it, WiFi is available on phone (disconnection isn't).

I think mobile devices send information to AP that device go to power save mode and AP (controller) interprets it and disconnects device (if this configure in AP/Controller).
I want to change it for Meraki AP

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thjere are no options to control power negiation on the Meraki side.  Perhaps there are some power save properties on the phone you can adjust.

no, all testing phone have same setting, they work well in other WLANs. It's issue Meraki devices

Hello everyone, I am having exactly the same problem, the computers disconnect from the network, simply for nothing ... totally random, probe with WAP2, with Open SSID, with all cases the same thing happens to me.

Jun 30 15:31:20MDLZ_MOD13_AP05MDLZ_Depoandroid-6b85ec9b8c76ac70Disociación de 802.11unknown reason
Jun 30 15:26:03MDLZ_MOD13_AP03MDLZ_Depoandroid-6b85ec9b8c76ac70Disociación de 802.11unknown reason
Jun 30 15:25:48MDLZ_MOD14_AP06MDLZ_Depoandroid-6b85ec9b8c76ac70Disociación de 802.11unknown reason
Jun 30 15:25:20MDLZ_MOD14_AP05MDLZ_Depoandroid-6b85ec9b8c76ac70Disociación de 802.11unknown reason
Jun 30 15:25:19MDLZ_MOD14_AP03MDLZ_Depoandroid-6b85ec9b8c76ac70Disociación de 802.11unknown reason
Jun 30 15:25:16MDLZ_MOD14_AP04MDLZ_Depoandroid-6b85ec9b8c76ac70Disociación de 802.11unknown reason

I am also having the same issue on WPA PSK and on 802.1x radius SSIDs.  I am on MR 26.8.1 firmware

DanLu
Conversationalist

I have the same issues recently. The SSIDs just disappear for 10-20 seconds. Checked the logs, it just said that the client left for unknown reasons. 

It happened to laptops running Windows 10. At the same time, handsets are still associated with the SSIDs.

Firmware was MR27.3. Rolled back to MR27.2, still had the same issue this morning.

Hello,

same problem, SSID with WPA2 802.1x clients are Raspberry on MR42e firmware 26.6.1

I need to send 100 pings before Raspberries answer...

Try with WPA2-PSK and same problem.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

It could have to do with it being an open network, I would recommend starting with WPA2, since that is one of the most common. You might try setting up an test SSID and making some changes there.

we have to use open ssid with auth on radius - it's standard

Yassir
Comes here often

I rebooted my modem that is in front off my MX67W, while reconnecting, my clients on SSID with 802.1x Meraki radius get (GUEST SSID with WPA2 also same error):

802.11 disassociationunknown reason

When reconnecting it fails. Created new SSID with WPA2 and it works now for that SSID only... ?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels