Client has negotiated to either 802.11ax or 802.11ac in the dashboard ?

SOLVED
degarris
Here to help

Client has negotiated to either 802.11ax or 802.11ac in the dashboard ?

Is it possible to tell if a client has negotiated to either 802.11ax or 802.11ac in the dashboard ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If a client is 802.11ax and the AP is too then they will have an ax session.

It is however not shown in dashboard like you would see on a regular Cisco controller what standard has been used, etc.  Only the dot1x policy is shown and basic stuff like SNR.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the clients page we have the "Capable Wi-Fi standards" that indicates what the client can do. But I donÄ't think that we really can conclude that the actual connection is ax or ac. But it the client is capable of ax, it typically should be connected with ax.

What I am missing more is the information if the client used WPA3 or WPA2 if I have enabled both on my SSID. Without this information I have no idea when it if time to really disable transition mode.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If a client is 802.11ax and the AP is too then they will have an ax session.

It is however not shown in dashboard like you would see on a regular Cisco controller what standard has been used, etc.  Only the dot1x policy is shown and basic stuff like SNR.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels