Client connectivity upon my RADIUS server connectivity loss

Solved
FlyingFrames
Getting noticed

Client connectivity upon my RADIUS server connectivity loss

If the my RADIUS server connectivity is lost from the APs. What is the expected behaviour?

It is documented for the cloud Meraki RADIUS server but knobs are given as well. But no such knob exists for my RADIUS server.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Behavior_during_Conn...

I was expecting Meraki APs to cache the credentials and still keep on continuing to authenticate users using either the RADIUS server in the AP or via fallback to cloud RADIUS. Is it possible?

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the user is already authenticated then they will remain connected and working.

However roaming may or may not work, depeding on what kind of connection is used (WPA2-Enterprise mode, 802.11r, captive portal).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the user is already authenticated then they will remain connected and working.

However roaming may or may not work, depeding on what kind of connection is used (WPA2-Enterprise mode, 802.11r, captive portal).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels