cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clien association failure, and what does this mean type='Association attempts' num='5' associated='f

New here

Clien association failure, and what does this mean type='Association attempts' num='5' associated='f

Client complaining that they cannot connect to wifi,, and I see the following in the event log. What does this event mean?

4 REPLIES
New here

Re: Clien association failure, and what does this mean type='Association attempts' num='5' associate

type='Association attempts' num='5' associated='false' radio='1' vap='0'

Head in the Cloud

Re: Clien association failure, and what does this mean type='Association attempts' num='5' associate

Just means the device attempted 5 times to connect and failed 5 times. Associated = false = not connected. Radio 1 = probably the 5GHz radio

I would verify the client didn't fat finger the PSK (assuming it is a PSK SSID) and if its 802.1X then make sure their AD isn't locked.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
New here

Thanks Nolan. I'll check out their AD account.
New here

Client account and password were fine. We needed to manually add the network, and all security settings for the client to successfully attach to wifi network.