Cisco Aironet APs on Mweraki MS 250 Switch

SOLVED
Sy3
Conversationalist

Cisco Aironet APs on Mweraki MS 250 Switch

Will the cisco Aironet WAPs work on meraki switches ? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They will work in the same way as if they were connected to any other noon Cisco switch - the Meraki switch will provide backend networking and POE.

However they will not integrate to the Meraki dashboard and as @MarcP said, you will still need a Cisco WLC in the network to manage and configure them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

You can connect them, and use PoE if you have it at your Switch, sure.

But you will still need a WLC from Cisco classic to configure it.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They will work in the same way as if they were connected to any other noon Cisco switch - the Meraki switch will provide backend networking and POE.

However they will not integrate to the Meraki dashboard and as @MarcP said, you will still need a Cisco WLC in the network to manage and configure them.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Need to add/ correct @Brash (sorry), WLC must not be directly in this network. You can forward the Cisco APs packets over VPN to the WLC. "IP helper address" are the keywords 😉

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Im am running Cisco 1602I, 1602E, 1702I, 2602E, 2602I, 2702I and 2802E accesspoints connected to Meraki MS225-48LP switches. The accesspoints have an own VLAN connected to an Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controller.

It´s working well. (I didn´t 2017, until a MS firmware update fixed the problem).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels