Channel Usage but No Clients

Solved
Mark-SPS
Here to help

Channel Usage but No Clients

I've noticed a strange issue mainly with our Outdoor MR74 AP's.

Looking at the channel utilization live data shows high usage on the 2.4 Ghz channel, but there are no clients connected to the AP.

Mark-SPS_0-1600710227930.png

Mark-SPS_1-1600710257161.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Most people live with it.

Best fix - don't use 2.4Ghz anymore.  Disable it.

Another option is to approach the owner of the other APs and see if they could turn down the power levels and only use 20Mhz channels (of course, you would need to show them the same courtesy).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It means something other than you is using the band.  Perhaps another WiFi in the area.  Perhaps bluetooth devices, perhaps cordless phones, or anything else in the ISM band.

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the response. In looking at the RF Spectrum page I see a lot in the Interfering AP's section. I assume any/all of these could be the problem.

Mark-SPS_0-1600715452223.png

Is there any way to tune for things like this? Or is it more of a live with it or move it thing.

Thanks again

Mark

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Most people live with it.

Best fix - don't use 2.4Ghz anymore.  Disable it.

Another option is to approach the owner of the other APs and see if they could turn down the power levels and only use 20Mhz channels (of course, you would need to show them the same courtesy).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels