Change Log

Ahmed_Ayoub
New here

Change Log

Hello guys,

I was wondering if it possible to verifiy who made a specific change on an SSID configuration, like for exemple if someone modifies 802.11w settings . I looked at the change log page but can't find it. Anywhere else i can search for that info ? Or maybe this kind of change is not logged at all ?

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the change log, you are able to see all modifications.

Is it on data retention time?

alemabrahao_0-1667493917238.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Privacy_and_Security/Cloud_Data_Retention_Po...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I cannot find this info on the change log page, and its a recent change that has been made yesterday. I only can see like major changes (SSID enabled, port disabled/enabled ...). But for exemple if i made a change on the 802.11w settings on an SSID, i can't see it.

You're right, I tested It, have you tested It sending the log for a syslog server?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A quick test of enabling 802.11w on an said didn't log it as a change. Instead, it logged the change as "SSID PSK - value did not change".

Its feasible that it was enabled at the same time as other configuration was changed on the SSID (enabling/disabling, PSK change etc) and therefore the change got logged as that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels