Certificate-based WiFi authentication with Systems Manager and Meraki APs

Mike_Rapp
Getting noticed

Certificate-based WiFi authentication with Systems Manager and Meraki APs

Can i setup certificate-based Wifi authentication using windows 10, or is this just for IOS, OSX and Android? It would be easier to connect our wireless devices to the AP this way.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes you can.

If you have Systems Manager on everything that will be connecting it can automate the process for you.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Certificate-based_WiFi_authenticat...

"Systems Manager can be used with Cisco Meraki wireless networks to easily deploy certificate-based (EAP-TLS) authentication to iOS, Android, OS X, and Windows 10 clients."

We have tried what the instructions say, but on Windows 10 it asks for user account information. I thought that we might just be able to connect using just the certificate and not have to enter any credentials/passwords at all. Am I misreading the information?

Can you see a certificate in the certificate store on the Windows 10 machine?

Where is the certificate in the store and what is the name of said certificate as I am not seeing it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels