Cellular SIM Card for a Meraki MX68CW

Flyman
Conversationalist

Cellular SIM Card for a Meraki MX68CW

I recently purchased a MX68CW and when I contacted my cellular provider, Verizon, to purchase a SIM card, they informed me that the MX68CW will not work with a Verizon SIM.  Does anyone know when Cisco and Verizon will be able to resolve this problem?  Otherwise I am unable to use the cellular backup feature of the Meraki router unless I open a new account with AT&T or other cellular provider.

3 REPLIES 3
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Just get a PAYG SIM from DTAG and have something that works. For backup/failover purposes, getting a monthly account is a waste of money. Presumably fixed line failures will be few and far between. Modern MNOs allow one to automatically top-up a PAYG account.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Ben2020
Comes here often

I recommended this products to my Manager. I use T-mobile sim and also install cellular signal boosters for every locations to get full signal. Unfortunately, I still have problem with the cellular connections. The failover cellular backup connection keeps dropping. If connected, I only get a 3G instead of 4G.

Flyman
Conversationalist

Thanks much!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels