Cast stopping to work after upgrade

Bandi
Conversationalist

Cast stopping to work after upgrade

Hi,

I used Spotify cast in my local LAN for a long time. Since yesterday (after an upgrade) I'm not able to cast. I see the (in Spotify devices menu) the devices (on my laptop, on my mobile too) it looks getting connected but after 3-4 sec it drops the connection. I tried 3 different (chrome)cast enabled devices.

The Wireless in bridge mode as was before.

Thanks,

bandi 

5 REPLIES 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Bandi , not seen this myself but why not roll the firmware back?  Then raise a ticket with support to inform them of what broke.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Bandi
Conversationalist

Good point @DarrenOC , but I did the upgrade because the site-to-site VPN (the SSID tunneled into it) stopped working, and needed to upgrade everything to works again. So if I roll back I lose the tunneled SSID... or I had to find which automatic upgrade (?) occurred the VPN problem and rollback that too.

But thanks I'm thinking about it (now I stream on Airplay..)

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Bandi what version were you on and what are you on now, also what device is it?

Bandi
Conversationalist

@cmrMR 26.8.1 → MR 27.5 I have MR33, MR30H APs

Bandi
Conversationalist

After 2 days it has started to work... perhaps it was an IP addressing refreshing issue? Never will be known I think.. But thanks for the help,:)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels