Cannot add news APs because an "FCC (US) regulatory domain" error

SOLVED
LS-MERAKI-CR
Here to help

Cannot add news APs because an "FCC (US) regulatory domain" error

Greetings!

The error: Cannot add an FCC (US) regulatory domain to a "another country" regulatory domain network. Add to a new network or contact Meraki support.
We bought 2 MR70 meraki from an authorized Cisco dealer in my Country, I registered the license (order) of MERAKI without any error but when trying to claim the APs for the Wireless Network, an FCC error appears. Our Wi-Fi network is in Costa Rica and is outside the US domain regulation.
We have consulted with the authorized CISCO provider, and they let us know that we must register a case in the MERAKI support.

Is anybody knows what should we do to claim these APs inside my Country not FCC compilance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

Hola,

Espero que estés bien,

Yo he instalado cientos de AP en CR y ya he tenido la experiencia.

Te comento que muchas veces hay que conectar el AP y que esté conecte a la nube. Donde mediante la IP pública el AP va a saber que está en CR o el pais donde te encuentres.

De forma que una vez que el dispositivo registre y sepa que está en CR de tejará cambiar el Regulatory Domain. En nuestro caso SUTEL.

Saludos, Pura vida!

Johnny Fernandez
Network & Security Engineer
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

Hola,

Espero que estés bien,

Yo he instalado cientos de AP en CR y ya he tenido la experiencia.

Te comento que muchas veces hay que conectar el AP y que esté conecte a la nube. Donde mediante la IP pública el AP va a saber que está en CR o el pais donde te encuentres.

De forma que una vez que el dispositivo registre y sepa que está en CR de tejará cambiar el Regulatory Domain. En nuestro caso SUTEL.

Saludos, Pura vida!

Johnny Fernandez
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA
Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

Hi

I hope that U are doing so well.

I have been installing APs in the same country. I had the same issue regarding with Regulatory Domain. And after few depoyments I realized that U have to connect the AP to the Meraki Cloud. Once It recognizes the public IP It will know that is installed in Costa Rica. So once u have registered into Meraki Cloud. U will have the option to change it. In our case SUTEL.

Regards

(I reply again to help non-spanish speakers who read this post)

Johnny Fernandez
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know about your specific country, but this is the procedure to change the domain.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/MR_Wireless_Regulatory_Domains#Update_the_Network... 

Sometimes to make this work you have to create a temporary network, put the AP into the network, then change the regulatory domain and then move it back into the network that you want.

Hi Mr. PhilipDAth

Thank you very much for the recomendations. We have the procedure indicated to solve the problem and now the APs are functioning correctly outside the United States FCC, now they are working under the regulation of my country "SUTEL CR".

B.Regards!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels