Cannot Get IP Address When Using VLAN Tagging on SSID

SOLVED
kusumanegarait
Getting noticed

Cannot Get IP Address When Using VLAN Tagging on SSID

HI,

I cannot get IP Address when using the VLAN Tagging. But if I didn't use the VLAN tagging, it can do. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 09.45.49.png

I set the VLAN Tagging on SSID with network 10.1.62.0/24.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 09.45.31.png

Anybody can help this? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The definition of the "native vlan" is the vlan that is not tagged.  So if you tell thre switch not to tag it by making it the native vlan, you can't then ask the access point to tag it.  Both sides need to use the same config, either tagging or not tagging the vlan.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
kusumanegarait
Getting noticed

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.25.04.png

Is it this configuration affects the problem that I have before? When I set the VLAN Tagging on SSID to VLAN 300, the client can connect to SSID. 

What are you trying to achieve?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

@rhbirkelund I want to the client can connect to the SSID with VLAN 100 with tagged VLAN.

How is the switch on which the AP is connected, configured? 

Since you are tagging packets with VLAN 100, you need to make sure that VLAN 100 is configured on the switches. 

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

The switch port should be configured as a trunk port, and you obviously need a DHCP server on VLAN100.

@PhilipDAth. Yes, of course, my switch port is configured trunk port. In this case, VLAN 100 is my native VLAN. So, can the client connect to the SSID with tagged VLAN 100? Although it can be done by configuring with untagged VLAN.

@kusumanegarait wrote:

@PhilipDAth. Yes, of course, my switch port is configured trunk port. In this case, VLAN 100 is my native VLAN. So, can the client connect to the SSID with tagged VLAN 100? Although it can be done by configuring with untagged VLAN.

If VLAN 100 is native on the switchport (untagged), then remove the VLAN tag on the SSID page. 

If you are going to use a native VLAN of 100 then you need to configure the SSID to use bridging with no VLAN.

@PhilipDAth Okay, in practice I have been using it. I am only confused with native VLAN tag why cannot use it when using it in VLAN tag. Thank you for your response.

The definition of the "native vlan" is the vlan that is not tagged.  So if you tell thre switch not to tag it by making it the native vlan, you can't then ask the access point to tag it.  Both sides need to use the same config, either tagging or not tagging the vlan.

@PhilipDAth Thank you 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels