Can Meraki wireless support these features?

amnads
New here

Can Meraki wireless support these features?

Hi all expert,

Due to my customer have some these requirements and i'm not sure Meraki wireless can support or not? Could you please suggest?

1. For guest user, if user login and go to the outside (such lunch) and come back to the office. Can meraki do seamless re-login for avoiding that user repeat to login to guest again.

2. Can meraki do social login with following these : Weibo , Wechat , Line. And if can must use any third party?

3. Can meraki control quota for bandwidth and time?

Thanks a lot,

4 REPLIES 4
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

1. For the guests, there's a session cookie that'll keep them logged in for a while. You can configure how often they have to relogin here:
    https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Splash_Page_Frequenc...
  2. These are the options you have, I don't know if your services provide any of these. If not, you'll need a third party in between. My guess would be no.
    image.png
  3. There's no way to restrict the total amount of downloaded data. You can only control the bandwidth (download speed) per client. Time restriction is possible via billing: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/Billing_for_Wireless_Access
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>2. Can meraki do social login with following these : Weibo , Wechat , Line. And if can must use any third party?

>3. Can meraki control quota for bandwidth and time?

Their is a third party splash service, www.splashaccess.com, which offers a lot of this.  I don't know specifically which social platforms they allow login from though.

TylerRocketIT
Conversationalist

第一和第三点都能满足。第二点需要接入第三方软件。华为的无线方案可以满足所有的,但不是云管理。需要买一个无线Controller (AC)。

@TylerRocketIT there is no need to buy an on-premise controller.  Everything can be done completely in the cloud.  splashaccess.com is also a cloud based solution.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels