Can MS220-8P control cisco air-ap1131ag-a-k9

SOLVED
bgarner67
Just browsing

Can MS220-8P control cisco air-ap1131ag-a-k9

I have another AP (cisco air-ap1131ag-a-k9) that I would like to use and configure on the MS220.

Can this be achieved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Correct - I'd use the dashboard to find the IP address that has been assigned to the AP and then SSH/Telnet/HTTPS onto the AP and configure it locally (assuming it's an autonomous AP). 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Meraki switches are compatible with any vendor AP's (assuming they use industry standard protocols)  - To answer your question; Yes the Cisco AIR-AP1131AG-A-K9 is compatible with Meraki switches.

For Management (Configuration) you will be unable to manage and configure the Cisco AIR-AP1131AG-A-K9 from the Meraki dashboard and will therefore have to use it's respective management/configuration platform.

Thank you.  Maybe I will configure the AP locally with the IP that Meraki gives.

Correct - I'd use the dashboard to find the IP address that has been assigned to the AP and then SSH/Telnet/HTTPS onto the AP and configure it locally (assuming it's an autonomous AP). 

Cool.  I will do that

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels