Can MR32 set to be repeater for TP link access point?

Solved
RizkiMuhammad
Here to help

Can MR32 set to be repeater for TP link access point?

Hi Friends,

My client has an MR32 access point and TP-link access point that connected to microtic router. My question is, is it possible if MR32 is set to be repeater to extend the signal of TP-link access point? If is it possible/enable how to do that?

Thankyou.

1 Accepted Solution
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RizkiMuhammad  Not this isn't possible as far as I am aware. Meraki MR can mesh between themselves but they do not work with other vendors. Meraki is small-medium business grade hardware and TP-link is mostly consumer grade hardware.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RizkiMuhammad  Not this isn't possible as far as I am aware. Meraki MR can mesh between themselves but they do not work with other vendors. Meraki is small-medium business grade hardware and TP-link is mostly consumer grade hardware.

Thank you for sharing the information Mr.@BlakeRichardson  and Mr.@Bruce 

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

No this is not possible. The Meraki meshing is proprietary and only works between Meraki access points (i.e. MR devices). I don't believe there is a standard for repeaters/meshing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels