CHange Country/Region

Solved
Eliasperez
Here to help

CHange Country/Region

What if i want to change the region of my AP Meraki team but it doesn't give me the option to select the corresponding option ?

I can only change the region if i don´t have any AP added, when i add the AP Meraki to the new netowrk , it is automatically placed for US 

1 Accepted Solution

In case this is not obvious - the AP has to be powered up and online in the country you are trying to configure it to use.  So you can't power up an AP in the USA and then try and configure it for Mexico.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Eliasperez  This is because you are only supposed to use the region that you are in as different countries have different regulations around wifi.

If you are setting up a device for use in a different country it should be setup in a different network.

Because the regulatory domain is defined on a per-network basis, it is strongly recommended that devices are grouped into networks based on country/site. This eliminates the possibility that two devices within the same network are deployed in different regulatory domains. "

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/MR_Wireless_Regulatory_Domains#World_Wide_Safe_Mo...

I understand, even if I create a new network in the domain of Mexico at the time of integrating the AP to the network it automatically changes to US, you will know how I can release it so that it is in the domain of my country?

Under the new network you have created if you go to Network-Wide > General can you change the country and timezone to match where you would like it setup?

In case this is not obvious - the AP has to be powered up and online in the country you are trying to configure it to use.  So you can't power up an AP in the USA and then try and configure it for Mexico.

Yes as it uses the public IP of the location to determine which country it is in. Think this is avoid people being able to changing regulatory domains as some countries have restrictions on which bands can be used. Support are able to override it or allow you to set it manually if you have a legitimate case, i.e. you have sites which don't have a local internet breakout, and go out through a different country, like an MPLS which spans multiple countries.

I guess something changed because it is giving us the option to move from US to Canada manually. Question: If we make that move, do the radios and everything else still work?

Meraki AP Wrong Country.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels