Blocking device for single SSID

Solved
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Blocking device for single SSID

Hi, 

just wanted to block two devices from a single ssid and did that as following:

MarcP_0-1633595175019.png

Directly after doing this, policy is showing "custom", couple of seconds later its showing blocked.

Over night, the devices were disconnected and I came back today, checked the dashboard and these devices are still in the forbidden SSIDs...

Policy column still shows "blocked", but when I select the devices and click on policy it shows following:

MarcP_1-1633595420642.png

Within devices detail page it is showing this (like in this threat😞

MarcP_2-1633595514144.png

So, for me it looks like this option does not work(?).

Furthermore at least one device should connect to a different SSID now, but it is not - like it is blocked for wifi in general.

1 Accepted Solution
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Meraki support:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Cisco Meraki Support.

We have reviewed the information that you have shared below and there is currently a known issue around the section of the dashboard that you are currently trying to configure and is currently under investigation by our engineering team as some of the behaviour that you are noticing is unexpected. If you do have any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to let us know

Kind regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

MarcP_0-1633598327378.png

Does it mean it will only be blocked for internet access, not for connecting to the specific SSID?

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Meraki support:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Cisco Meraki Support.

We have reviewed the information that you have shared below and there is currently a known issue around the section of the dashboard that you are currently trying to configure and is currently under investigation by our engineering team as some of the behaviour that you are noticing is unexpected. If you do have any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to let us know

Kind regards,

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Now, also got this mail from Support...

I thought, if someone is blocked, he is not able to connect. But he/she is... Only can´t reach any resources...

MarcP_0-1633698773508.png

Can anyone confirm this? @BrandonS 

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

If I understand, they are saying the clients will technically connect to SSID, but be blocked from resources based on the policy.  Is that what you are asking?

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

This is what I understand, too.

But I assumed a client won´t be even able to connect to the SSID.

Thats very misleading. Altough the client seem to have a wifi connection (well, it has, but no internet connection)

My goal is to deny to connect to a specific ssid. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels