cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE BLEEDINGBIT

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

BLE BLEEDINGBIT

I couldn’t find anything in the wireless section on this issue. Here is some information and resources.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-bleedingbit-vulnerabilities-affect-widely-used-bl...

and

https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20181101-ap

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
5 REPLIES
Building a reputation

Re: BLE BLEEDINGBIT

If you have the BLE features disabled then your not at risk, per Meraki support.

Also they patched this in 25.13, again per Meraki support.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Kind of a big deal

Interesting, didn't see anything directly related in the 25.13 firmware notes.  The closest thing I see is this

• Fixed an issue where the BLE radio would stop beaconing and scanning (MR30H/MR33/MR74)
Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Building a reputation

I thought the same thing so I reached out and that is when they told me 25.13 has the patch. Pretty sure they were doing to address this in some sort of dashboard notification or blog but I don't recall seeing anything directly from Meraki from a PR stance.
TwitterLinkedIn
Head in the Cloud

25.13 was released before this vuln was made public wasn't it? If so they likely wouldn't have been able to put anything in the notes about it.

Building a reputation

That is what I was thinking but I would imagine they knew before the public did so that they could address it internally.
TwitterLinkedIn