Anyone have issues with Pitney Bowes Stamp Machines connecting ?

ZorkDude
New here

Anyone have issues with Pitney Bowes Stamp Machines connecting ?

I just got a new Pitney Bowes stamp machine to replace old one that had an analog modem.  This one uses WiFi.  I cannot get this thing to connect to my Meracki unit.  The Pitney Bowes unit runs Android with a flavor of Suse Linux according to the docs.  I have other android phones that connect just fine.  This unit initially saw all SSIDs available.  It did connect to the one I wanted according to the meracki logs, but the machine refuses to claim it is connected.  Upon doing a DEBUG on the Meracki, I see the machines trying to connect to my "guest" network even though I never asked it to.  I think the Pitney Bowes machine is just a POS, but was wondering if anyone ever had one of these newer pitney bowes machines set up on their Meracki network ???

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What model is it? I'll have a read of its manual.

It is a : Send Pro Series C 2H00

I turned on 2.5 GHz and I was now able to see all my SSID's, but still cannot get the machine to connect.  Although the Meracki log shows it as connected.  When I try to enable WPA along with WPA2, the Pitney Bowes machine will not even show as connected in the Meracki Log.

But, with WPA2, I just see this in the debug Log over and over.

10:24:31.496213 Probe Response (bpffield) [1.0* 2.0* 5.5* 11.0* 6.0 9.0 12.0 18.0 Mbit] CH: 1, PRIVACY

I was going to perhaps try to put a test network on "Open" just to see if it works.    But I suppose I could also get a .pcap file and see whats going on.  Its possible it is connecting on a wireless level , but some other communication is failing.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wow, that manual is not very helpful.  I doesn't mention protocols or anything.

http://support.pitneybowes.com/SearchArticles/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA180000000CtkBCAS&...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels