Any way to get alerts for known (!) clients (Mac-address) connecting to a wireless Meraki network ?

floppybox
New here

Any way to get alerts for known (!) clients (Mac-address) connecting to a wireless Meraki network ?

Hello,

is there any way to get alerts when a known device connects to a wireless Meraki network?

Regards
Florian
5 REPLIES 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

There is a client alerting feature, but it's not specific to wireless clients. It's in the Network-wide/Alerts menu. Would that help?

_20190126_201924.JPG

Also, if you monitoring via bluetooth, the dashboard are able to alert you, when a bluetooth client come in ou leave your MR.

Capturar.PNG

Hi all,

I have found this feature yesterday and tried it. But regrettably, I'm not seeing any mail alert coming through.

The mask doesn't allow me to configure a recipient, you can just switch on or off 2 types of alerts, that's all.

What mail address is it using?

Rgds,

Andreas

I haven't tested this, but I would assume the default recipients configured in the network-wide > Alerts page.

Hi BrechtSchamp,

tx for your quick reply. And yes, you seem to be absolutely right.

Meanwhile I'm receiving such mails (it didn't happen yesterday when I switched it on, but by magic it works now), but detected some software bugs in this feature quickly:

1. I'm receiving a mail that tells me "The following 1 Bluetooth client on the xyz- wireless <https://n146.meraki.com/xyz-wireless/n/qw0j9abc/manage/bluetooth_clients/> network has gone out of range. <https://n146.meraki.com/xyz-wireless/n/qw0j9abc/manage/bluetooth_clients/1234>
    - Cisco Meraki" -- none of the clients seen in the list is called "Cisco Meraki", and it wouldn't make sense to use that very name for a client (!), wouldn't it?
  2. When I open any "Bluetooth client" details page ("Bluetooth Device" window title) and tried to hop to the original configuration template the wireless network is bound to (e.g. in order to change the Alert settings), I always receive a "Server Error" message.
  3. My company phone is a "Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE" with Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise. I'm generally able to use Bluetooth, but the Meraki Wireless Bluetooth Scanning seems to not recognize it.

Seems the functionality is not very mature?

Rgds,

Andreas

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels