Anonomys clients or users - monitoring and tracking

Kenneth
Getting noticed

Anonomys clients or users - monitoring and tracking

In some networks you might want to have some devices that are not tracked or have a viewable usage history in the network. Is i possible to make some clients internet and location analytics unavailable in the dashboard?

I understand that time on network, mac, IP etc. is needed but I would like for the dashboard not to record location, and application/internet usage.

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Perhaps with the upcoming GPDR changes being released you'll be able to do this.

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

Maybe it's just the cynic in me, but why wouldn't you want to monitor a device's application/internet usage? If you were to have a device on your network that was pulling all sorts of data yet you weren't tracking it, wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the whole "know what your clients are doing on your network" aspect of Meraki? Personally, I think that if it were possible, some people would abuse the feature.... but that's just my .02 ISK

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels