Android authentication errors

Tigers
Getting noticed

Android authentication errors

My work place now has a major issue with Android phones not authenticating

Tigers_0-1657164373868.png

We get at least 6 of these message per work day. 

From the reports I get it is only Android handsets that fail to connect to the SSID. Laptops (HP), iPads, iPhones are so rarely complained about that I tell them to try again and it works.

I have 2 Android phones (mine - Galaxy A8 and work supplied - Galaxy A31) that so rarely connect I have turned off the auto connect as the response is so poor otherwise. [Though to make  a liar of me my A31 connected this morning as I was composing this message]. I have been here since April 2020 and the Androids have always had problems.

The vast majority of work phones are Samsung Galaxies.

I looked at other threads and nothing like our problem leapt out at me.

I have attached the configuration of my A8 & A31.

The A8 config-1 screen showing "Internet may not be available" is the most common screen response.

(There is text in between the last and 2nd last pictures. For some reason I cannot add text after the pictures.)

A8 config-1A8 config-1A8 config-2A8 config-2A8 config-3A8 config-3A31 config-1A31 config-1A31 config-2A31 config-2

I added these pictures in case I have made a glaring config error with my devices that might be solvable with mine and other handsets.

The question i have is what do I do next to resolve these authentication errors? What can the portal tell or not tell me? Both devices are getting an IP address in the same range.

A3 config-3A3 config-3

1 Reply 1
CFStevens
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Tigers

I would advise reviewing the client connectivity logs for a given client (Network-wide > Monitor > Clients) in case there are any obvious red flags that we can troubleshoot. After this, I would give the Meraki support team a call while you have someone on site who can reproduce the issue. I would budget 30-60 minutes to troubleshoot this issue. The Meraki NSE will need the MAC address, SSID, and a brief description of what is happening to the end clients. It would certainly be worth mentioning that this is only affecting Android devices. If you have a running history of when the issue happened (maybe after a specific update?) that would also be useful information. After that, working with them to reproduce the issue while we review will be best.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels