Android and Meraki Authentication

SOLVED
Techie0101
Conversationalist

Android and Meraki Authentication

We are rolling out Access Points and using Meraki Authentication as our RADIUS.

We've successfully connected with OSX and OS. Those just ask for username and password.

However, when I attempt to connect to the SSSID from an android decice I'm presented with options and we're not sure what to select.
Screen shots of what the test Android presented us here:

Screenshot_20170912-150905.pngScreenshot_20170912-150918.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Identity should be their email address.  Leave "anonymous identity" blank.  Password should be there password.  Make sure their account is "authorised".

I found this guide on how to set it up.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/WPA2_Enterprise_Profile_Setup_on_A...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer, but I would have thought it should be using PEAP rather than TTLS.

yeah, tried PEAP but there still isn't a place to authenticate with email address and password when I select that from the drop down

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think I have figured this out.  Set the phase 2 authentication to MSCHAPv2.,

I appreciate the ideas.

This is the screenshot with that selected.

Screen Shot of Android Phone

Identity

Anonymous Identity 

Password

I've tried putting in the user's email address under identity and/or anonymous identity, but I the connect button in the bottom right still won't bold.

Any ideas?

Identity should be their email address.  Leave "anonymous identity" blank.  Password should be there password.  Make sure their account is "authorised".

I found this guide on how to set it up.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/WPA2_Enterprise_Profile_Setup_on_A...

You, sir, are my hero.  Thank you!

It would be great if you could give me some Kudos as well.  🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels