Allow print traffic between wireless and wired LANs

rcamoore3
New here

Allow print traffic between wireless and wired LANs

Does anyone have quick instructions for allowing print traffic between the wired and wireless LANs? I have a network with one Meraki AP. I don't allow traffic between the two LANs. But now someone wants to install a printer on the wired LAN and have it be accessible to wireless clients.

Thanks,

Rob

6 REPLIES 6
Shane_T
Conversationalist

are you trying to keep mobile traffic separate from other traffic and only grant them internet access? 

-Shane

Yes, that's right. I need to keep wireless traffic separate from wired traffic. I can allow print traffic, but nothing else.

Rob

Shane_T
Conversationalist

so, if you are like me, you have setup a VLAN for your wireless traffic and have setup a Layer 3 outbound rule on the Router. you may be able to add a rule that allows traffic to the IP of the printer. another suggestion would be that you allow that user access to the LAN by setting up a different SSID. i have a mix of users and i do allow certain Administrative types to use my WLAN on the Corp side vs the Guest side. 

-shane

This particular network is in a small remote office. They don't have VLANs, nor do they have the capability to have VLANs. So I guess just set up a Layer 3 rule on the WAP allowing traffic to the IP of the printer, using whatever port the printer uses?

Rob

Shane_T
Conversationalist

my apologies. so i guess we should have started with your setup.  but the short answer is that you should be able to setup a route to "ANY" port to the IP of the printer going in and out to your WLAN.

-shane

That oughta work. Thanks.

Rob

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels