Air Marshal - LAN containment

EClap5
Getting noticed

Air Marshal - LAN containment

Has anyone had issues with the LAN containment and Air Marshal not obeying SSIDs that have been whitelisted (specifically Meraki SSIDs)?  In one of my campus buildings, I have 3 WAPs in their own network.  This is so our Incubation Team can use this wifi as they want since they have access to this small network.  When we first set up this building, I made sure to whitelist the SSIDs that the small network was broadcasting and I do not contain anything in Air Marshal in the 3-WAP network.  All of the sudden, the main building wifi started containing the 3 WAPs.  I opened a case and have had LAN containment OFF since October and was told I am waiting for a fix from the engineers.

I am not sure why this started happening in the first place but wonder what kind of 'fix' is needed.  I would think that if engineers were working on a fix, this would be a bigger issue that would be experienced by other people out there.  Again, other rogues that we whitelist are OK, it's just the one's that are legit Meraki SSIDs from the 3-WAP network.

3 REPLIES 3
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I don't have any customer instances that have this problem. In my past, I know for a fact that a bug has been present which affected Air Marshall containing Meraki AP's with a certain OID of AP's even if they were whitelisted.

My advice would be to just continue to bug support for a Fix. 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I wonder if that bug was present in a firmware since things worked great before.  Guess I will continue to BUG Support. Haha

hi, same issue here, it seems. opened a case just a few minures ago.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels