Adding MR18 unit to inventory

MB13
New here

Adding MR18 unit to inventory

I recently purchased a MR18 Access Point from an individual. When I try to register the devices into my Meraki Account Inventory, I am getting an error that says "The Claim has failed. Please try again or contact Meraki Support" 

I could not find any numbers to call for Meraki Support, only this forum.

can anyone help with what I should do? I have the physical unit with me and I have a valid license. Its just that I cannot get this unit added to my inventory.

3 Replies 3
Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

The number to contact Meraki support is under the help page when logged into your org.

Did you ask the person who sold this if it was removed from their network/org? Though, typically you receive an error saying it was already claimed.

Meraki support can tell you more.

Help>>Get Help>>Still Need Help>>Call The Meraki Support Team

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As mentioned previously the former owner will need to unclaim the device from their Dashboard Organization.   Meraki Support cannot do this for you/them.

Note that neither Meraki licences, nor warranty are transferrable - you would need to hold or purchase a valid license to both use and receive support on the AP.   If the AP fails, a replacement would not be provided.   Note too that MR18 is now End of Sale and that r26 will be the last major firmware release for it.   As r27 is now available in a stable release, I'd expect no further development with 26 - though some fixes may be added.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels