Able to ping MR76 but not able to register on Meraki dashboard

Solved
npnitin
Here to help

Able to ping MR76 but not able to register on Meraki dashboard

Hello Expert,

In my new deployment, I register my switches(MS) successfully and then connect AP to the switch.

AP getting an IP address from the DHCP server which I see on the switch ARP table. and I ping AP from my all switches but when I ping from AP where ping failed.

Also AP not register on Meraki Portal

Please assist me in this challenge

1 Accepted Solution
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Usually if your DHCP works correctly and all necessary ports are open it can still happen that a new device has issues getting it's newest firmware and not fully connecting to the dashboard.  After a factory default it usually fixes the problem.

Do make sure you have nothing blocking dashboard traffic.  Check help->firewall

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

PM the AP serial number and I can take a look

How do I send you a serial number?

If I share SN here then everyone can see

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Click on my name and click send message

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Looks like the AP is connected to port 1 of your MS120 switch correct? Do you have physical access to the AP? If so, can you do a factory reset on it? https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Installation_Guides/MR76_Installation_Guide#Factory_reset_but...

Yes, you are correct. AP connected to MS120 switch.

Now I am Off shift but I will be able to access the device tomorrow at 11.00 AM(IST).

But why does this issue occur?

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Not sure why it's not coming online. Try the factory reset first. If that doesn't help please open a Support case and they'll be able to get it resolved for you.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Usually if your DHCP works correctly and all necessary ports are open it can still happen that a new device has issues getting it's newest firmware and not fully connecting to the dashboard.  After a factory default it usually fixes the problem.

Do make sure you have nothing blocking dashboard traffic.  Check help->firewall

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels