API endpoint for Air Marshal - "Should clients be able to connect to rogue SSID's by default"

daniel_bostock
Getting noticed

API endpoint for Air Marshal - "Should clients be able to connect to rogue SSID's by default"

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to enable or disable this setting via the API? There does not seem to be an API endpoint to control this feature. However I thought I would just ask here in case I was missing something.

I would like to have a method in which I can do this (enable or disable) across a large number of networks. Is there a way to do this small setting change at scale?

meraki_rogue_ap_block_setting.png

Thanks in advance for all help and assistance on this.

4 REPLIES 4
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

I have looked into the documentation and the OpenAPIspec and wasn't able to identify an endpoint corresponding to that configuration.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You should probably be very careful about using SSID containment anyway - note the cautions in the Air Marshal guide:   https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Air_Marshal#SSID_Block_List

If I remember, this uses over-the-air disassociate messages, so is chewing your airtime too

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Using auto-blocking is recommended in cases where you believe there is a rogue access point in your infrastructure. If you identify a rogue AP, it is recommended that you locate it and fear the appropriate measures.

As informed by @GreenMan, It consumes Airtime too.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
daniel_bostock
Getting noticed

Thanks for the responses guys, whilst there is no solution just yet to what I am trying to achieve programmatically, I am sure in time Meraki will add an endpoint for this. To this effect I have provided feedback in order to hopefully bring this to their attention.

Thanks.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels